Wide Eye is an award-winning digital agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative WordPress Developer for a full-time position in Washington DC (elsewhere in the U.S. is possible for the right candidate). The successful applicant will help turn our beautiful designs into stunning interactive experiences. Applicants must have strong knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, strong visual instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Major potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Professional development opportunities
- Develop WordPress websites utilizing templates, modules, custom post types, and taxonomies for customized client themes
- Develop front-end experiences and back-end user interfaces using modern best-practices in web languages
- Implement an array of APIs, CRMs, and third-party tools
- Conduct cross-browser, cross-device, accessibility, and performance testing
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical bugs/challenges
- Implement modifications, updates, and improvements on existing projects
- Work directly with clients and project managers to plan the technical scope of their projects and lead client trainings as needed
- Other assignments as needed
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development
- Experience with WordPress back-end development using the following technologies: PHP, MySQL, WP REST API, JSON
- Experience integrating third-party tools, APIs, and CRMs including the following, or equivalent: NGP VAN/EveryAction, ActionKit, ActBlue, Blue State Digital, Salesforce
- Strong working knowledge of the web development process including: git, debugging, responsive/mobile, and cross-browser
- Strong working knowledge of the web design process including: Adobe Illustrator, Figma (or equivalent design program), vector graphics (SVG), and quality assurance
- Strong working knowledge of web principles including: digital strategy, user experience, information architecture, and social media
- Strong working knowledge of web accessibility (WCAG 2.1)
- Ability to manage your time and balance multiple projects
- Experience working with clients, Project Managers, and/or Designers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Love of design
- Experience with general SysAdmin and DevOps tasks using the following, or equivalent, technologies: Web Servers, DNS, CDNs, Continuous Integrations (CI), Security and Performance Management
- Experience managing projects and/or client-facing relationships
Annual salary range: $80k-100k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
*Applicant must be US-based.