Web Engineering Summer Intern
Wide Eye is an award-winning digital agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our remote distributed engineering team (U.S. based candidates only). The position is a paid 40 hour per week seasonal internship from June 5, 2023 – Sept 1, 2023. Wide Eye interns have the opportunity to gain engineering experience, knowledge of agency processes, and general career exposure. A successful applicant will have a basic understanding of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, and an eagerness to learn with a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work for Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- An opportunity to gain experience working with our award-winning development team
- Assist in troubleshooting issues and provide technical support for both internal and client-facing projects
- Assist in modifications, updates, and improvements on projects
- Update and edit website content, posts and pages
- Work with other members of the team and with clients to solve challenges
- Other assignments as needed
Experience / Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of PHP, particularly in the context of rendering HTML
- Basic understanding of WordPress or other content management systems
- Ability to manage your time
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in web development and building visual web experiences
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Basic understanding of web accessibility standards
- Basic understanding of git and version control
- Experience with GitHub or other cloud-based version control software
Hourly rate: $20/hr, 40 hours per week
Thank you for your interest in this position. We’ve received a high volume of applications for this role and are no longer accepting new applications at this time. If you applied for this position already, we will connect with you as soon as possible. Please look out for more career opportunities with us on our website and social accounts.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.