Wide Eye is an award-winning digital design agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a skilled Technical Manager for a full-time position in Washington DC (elsewhere in the U.S. is possible for the right candidate). The successful applicant will provide leadership in our development practice, working with developers, designers, and project managers to manage the development team to the highest of standards of quality and efficiency. Applicants must have strong agency experience, ample background in web development and/or technical project management, excellent communication skills, superb people instincts, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Contribute to meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- A sample of our client list includes: Kamala Harris, MoveOn, ACLU, Human Rights Campaign, NARAL Pro-Choice, Common Cause, Sierra Club, the ONE Campaign, the Democratic Party, Georgetown University, and many state-wide political campaigns.
- Great work/life balance, flexibility, and professional freedom
- Major potential for further growth within the company
- A highly-creative, award-winning team with a sterling reputation
- Competitive salaries
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- 100% coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Evaluation at 9 months
- Annual professional development budget
- Manage our development team, including in-house full-time developers, part-time developers, and occasional freelancers.
- Develop processes and execute on recruitment, hiring, training, and retention of developers on the team.
- Work with the developers on identifying and working toward professional development goals, looking for opportunities and encourage growth.
- Help engender and fuel company culture of excellence and innovation.
- Pro-actively grow our roster of freelancer developers with the help of the Director of Accounts.
- Lead daily stand-up meetings with the team and help team members troubleshoot issues and learn from one another.
- Establish and oversee best practices, systems, and processes for the development team to meet high standards for project usability and accessibility, inter-team communication, collaboration, and efficiency – including the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
- With the project management team, schedule and coordinate the staffing and launch of new projects.
- Delegate other technical responsibilities and monitor progress of projects.
- Ensure developers are informed about company-wide decisions, policies, priorities, etc.
- Act as ambassador for developers on leadership team and contribute strategically to company leadership.
- Contribute to introducing and documenting our technologies and web development best practices.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in web development and/or technical project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey complex ideas with brevity to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven leadership ability, management-skills and problem-solving intuition
- Ability to see the big picture, stay organized, prioritize, and manage time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong integrity, humility, and discretion
- Expertise with WordPress
- Expertise with Git or other code-versioning systems
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5+ and Figma
- Experience with CRMs such as Blue State Digital, NGP VAN, ActionKit, Action Network, etc.
- Interest in progressive politics and social change
- Active on social media
Please send a resume and portfolio (or work samples) to email@example.com with “Technical Manager position” in the subject line.
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
*Applicant must be US-based.