Wide Eye is an award-winning digital agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Web Developer or Software Engineer for a full-time position in Washington DC (elsewhere in the U.S. is possible for the right candidate). The successful applicant will help spearhead web-based software development projects both for Wide Eye clients and internal products. Applicants must have strong knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, software development processes, excellent communication skills, strong UX instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Major potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Professional development opportunities
- Build responsive, cross-browser, and delightful websites and applications for our clients and for our team.
- Architect modular solutions for common problems that can be maintained across multiple projects.
- Scope and build complex features on a project by project basis, making sure that estimates are itemized and account for other developers building it.
- Improve internal tooling and products through refactoring, new features, clearer documentation, and anything else that will enhance our internal team experience when working with them.
- Provide regular recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide burst capacity as needed on a project by project basis.
- Other assignments as needed
Experience / Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience building software and shipping code at scale.
- You’re comfortable with good semantics, accessibility, cross-platform compatibility, system design, security best practices, and automated testing.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals and design software.
- Deep understanding of modern approaches to majestic monoliths as well as modular applications that make use of common open source and cloud services.
- Experience using cloud platforms, particularly AWS, to deploy infrastructure. Familiarity with server-less patterns a plus.
- You’re a full stack engineer with great attention to detail and passion for building exceptional applications.
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills. You will be balancing multiple projects that sometimes have competing priorities.
- You have love for open source and blogging
- Interest in progressive politics and causes
- Interest in cultivating a culture of mentorship
- Experience working with Lambda functions, design systems, front end frameworks, and/or MVC frameworks
Annual salary range: $80-100k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
*Applicant must be US-based.