Senior WordPress Developer
While we’re not actively hiring for this role right now, we’re always excited to hear from talented people. If you’re interested and think you fit the qualifications below, please don’t hesitate to apply. We will reach out if/when a position opens up. Thank you.
Wide Eye is an award-winning digital agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Senior WordPress Developer for a full-time position in DC or NY (elsewhere in the U.S. is possible for the right candidate). The successful applicant will help turn our beautiful designs into stunning interactive experiences. Applicants must have strong knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, strong visual instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
- Develop WordPress websites utilizing templates, Gutenberg blocks, custom post types, and taxonomies
- Develop front-end experiences and back-end user interfaces using modern best-practices in web languages
- Integrate third-party tools, APIs, and CRMs
- Implement content migration processes and techniques
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical bugs/challenges
- Implement modifications, updates, and improvements on existing projects
- Work directly with clients and project managers to plan the technical scope of their projects and lead client trainings as needed
- Provide mentorship/on-boarding assistance to new team members and freelancers
- Encourage and provide growth for other team members
- Work directly with the Senior Engineering Manager to establish and oversee best practices, systems, and processes for the development team
- Lead company education/trainings on development-related best practices, systems, and processes
- Work directly with the Senior Engineering Manager to implement project feature sets and assist in documentation for reuse by the development team
- Work directly with the Senior Engineering Manager and/or the Technical Lead to refine and streamline our development workflows as it relates to DevOps
- Conduct research and/or proactively seek feedback from client-facing team members on emerging technical tools that can solve client problems
- Conduct research on alternative CMS/Website Workflows (E.g. Squarespace, Netlify, Webflow, etc.) and lead on potential recommendations for clients
- Serve as a point of contact for sales and scoping questions for existing and upcoming projects
- Exemplify professional diplomacy and poise toward team members and clients
- Contribute to additional stages of the hiring process
- Attend at least one (virtual) course on technical management/direction
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in web development
- Extensive experience with WordPress back-end development using the following technologies: PHP, MySQL, WP REST API, JSON
- Intermediate experience with SysAdmins and DevOps using the following, or equivalent, technologies: Web Servers, DNS, CDNs, Continuous Integrations (CI), Security and Performance Management
- Extensive experience with responsive development, graceful degradation, and progressive enhancement
- Strong working knowledge of Figma and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong understanding of accessibility, modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey complex ideas with brevity to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage time and balance multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and social change
- Experience with CRMs such as Blue State Digital, NGP VAN, ActionKit, Action Network, etc
- Experience working directly with clients
Annual salary range: $95k-$120k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.