Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Mid-Level or Senior Digital Designer for a full-time remote position. The successful applicant will work directly with the Creative Directors and broader design team on both interactive design and digital branding projects. Applicants must have a solid portfolio, experience with the fundamentals of UI and UX design, visual branding, excellent communication skills, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Design & Production
- Produce web mockups, style treatments, inner page designs and supplementary components for interactive client projects.
- Design brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, social media graphics and online ads).
- Produce print and online client style guides to document brand standards (messaging, language, colors, fonts, illustration, iconography, etc).
- Assist in creating new company marketing materials, including case studies, social graphics, copy and proofreading for proposals.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to bring our interactive designs to life and support quality assurance (QA) on projects.
- Coordinate occasional projects independently, working directly with clients where appropriate.
- Work on client discovery and branding research, and produce mood boards, style tiles, and presentation decks to sell clients on concepts and art direction.
- Assist in presentations and guide clients on UI/UX best practices.
- Assist in managing and/or executing content production such as sourcing imagery and creating graphics.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and trends in content and marketing (digital branding, social media, search engine optimization, and user experience in particular).
- Contribute to design team innovation, streamlining and documenting our internal design process.
- As needed, contribute to user research, interviews, surveys, user testing, journey mapping, and lead workshops on individual projects.
- Post design ideas, works in progress, and finished work to Instagram and Dribbble.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years experience in interactive and digital brand design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital branding, websites, and mobile experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Strong working knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Good foundational knowledge of identity design, layout, and UI design principles and techniques
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Foundational knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in social causes and politics
- Knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Love of visual design
- Love of typography
- Experience with/passion for web animation
Annual salary range: $75k-$95k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.