Lead UX/Content Strategist
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, Lead UX/Content Strategist for a full- or part-time remote position (U.S.-based). The successful applicant is a senior-level strategist who leads digital strategy, UX, information architecture, and content strategy activities within various types of projects including websites, product design, and strategic road mapping. Applicants must have strong knowledge of user experience design, content strategy, strategic planning, excellent communication and presentation skills, superb creative instincts, the ability to lead projects independently, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sabbatical starting at 6 years of service
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Define a clear strategic, UX, content, and design vision for projects and set up them up for success, by:
- Planning and leading discovery workshops and interviews to gather audience and stakeholder input to align project goals
- Conducting content, analytics, and landscape audits to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges.
- Partnering with Creative Director and team leads to understand audience behavior for websites and digital products
- Creating content strategies to define the substance, structure, workflow, and governance for projects
- Providing recommendations for measurement including digital metrics and KPIs. Partner with client and engineering teams to implement analytics and tracking that align with strategic goals.
- Lead discussions about content strategy objectives and messaging best practices
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Development teams to oversee the execution and delivery of digital deliverables to ensure that they support all user-facing needs and goals.
User Experience (30%)
- Designs clear information architectures by creating sitemaps that are informed by user experience best practices, brand and content strategy, and audience needs.
- Designs wireframes and/or user journeys that support brand and audience objectives and can clearly communicate the “why” behind the design.
- Collaborates with designers to create UI and visual design that are aligned with the strategic vision.
- Partners with the Creative Director and team leads to conduct UX research including tree testing, usability testing, A/B testing, surveys, and audience interviews. Provides analysis and presents results.
Content Planning, Execution, & Writing (20%)
- Partners with the project management team to set our clients up for success during content development and migration by developing content requirements, including template requirements, and content recommendations for digital properties, data visualizations, and products from UX deliverables.
- Trains clients on and advocates for best practices with content production and writing for the web.
- Assists with the technical integration of content.
- Writes on-brand, audience-centered copy for websites and digital deliverables.
- Provides project guidance and advice to more junior team members and helps them hone their craft, presentation abilities, communication skills and strategic understanding.
Secondary Responsibilities (10%):
- Contribute to sales and business development in the form of providing interactive strategy/design estimates for projects, performing preliminary research, contributing strategic language, and joining (and occasionally leading) sales pitches.
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our client’s content strategy, design, and production processes (including collaborations with third-party strategists, researchers, and illustrators)..
- Provide thought leadership and develop content issues like search, sharing, user-generated content, personalization, and content distribution.
- Supports agency marketing efforts by providing case studies and social media copy.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years experience in content strategy, design, or user experience in an in-house or agency team.
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital content strategy, storytelling, content architecture, product design, data visualization, websites, and user experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Strong writing skills including an ability to flex tone of voice to a variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate with the internal digital team to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive approaches
- Solid understanding of taxonomy, metadata, keywords and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Understanding of tagging strategies and taxonomy framework to dynamically relate content
- Understanding of content management systems and processes, as well as best practices; Define content types to support content management system build
- Ability to create a content development and migration plans that identify content needs, resources and time estimates for content development and migration while identifying potential issues and risks for overall project timing and quality
- Intermediate understanding of digital analytics including comfort in Google Analytics (GA4) and Google Tag Manager.
- Knowledge of interaction design best practices
- Advanced level of knowledge of Figma
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-impact work environment
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Knowledge of CRMs and popular advocacy tools (e.g., Salesforce, EveryAction, Actblue)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
- Ability to training content authors how to use content management systems is a nice to have
Annual salary: $110k-$125k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.