Interactive Art Director
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking an Interactive Art Director for a full-time remote position (U.S.-based). The successful applicant will lead the UX/UI design of a range of Wide Eye interactive design projects. Applicants must have a strong portfolio representing their work in user interface design, design systems, user experience, content design, and information architecture. Seeking folks with excellent communication and presentation skills, superb creative instincts, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic. Visual branding and graphic design chops are also a plus.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sabbatical starting at 6 years of service
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Strategy & UX (50%)
- Contributes to and leads the development of strategy deliverables including workshops, briefs, personas, and audience, and brand engagement strategies.
- Contributes to and leads user research, tree tests, usability tests, and surveys.
- Designs clear user experiences by creating sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes that are informed by user experience best practices, brand and content strategy, and audience needs.
- Collaborates with the Engineering team to create user-centered experiences that are achievable, accessible, and scalable.
Design & Production (40%)
- Creatively lead interactive projects and digital design system projects from start to finish—developing a clear design vision for a project, and communicating concepts and ideas to clients.
- Produce web mockups, style treatments, inner page designs, supplementary components, and project documentation for interactive client projects.
- Provides project guidance and advice to more junior designers and helps them hone their craft, presentation abilities, communication skills and strategic understanding.
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Engineers teams to oversee the final execution and delivery of digital deliverables, quality assurance, and ensure that they support all user-facing needs and goals.
- Push the company forward on overall trends in technology and design.
- Perform trainings with clients, as needed.
- Occasionally design and manage client brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, social media graphics and online ads)
Secondary Responsibilities (10%)
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process.
- Collaboratively with Creative Director(s), introduce new solutions to streamline our design process (including collaborations with third-party content strategists, researchers, and illustrators).
- Oversee and approve creative work produced by more junior designers and/or freelancers, providing guidance on design direction and process.
- Ability to manage a designer
- Contribute to case studies and Wide Eye social media.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience in interactive and digital brand design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital content strategy, content architecture, product design, websites, and user experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Ability to concept and create compelling and scalable design systems
- Demonstrated ability to turn data & insights into unique, creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Demonstrated ability to manage large content architectures with complex and content-rich websites and/or digital products
- Experience collaborating directly with engineers to build websites and/or digital products
- Knowledge of identity design, layout, and brand principles and techniques
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
Annual salary: $95K-$120K plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.