Wide Eye Creative is an award-winning digital design agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for a full-time position. The successful applicant will work directly with the Creative Director on branding, UX and web design projects. Applicants must have a solid portfolio, experience with the fundamentals of visual branding and web design, excellent communication skills, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Contribute to meaningful causes, campaigns and organizations
- Great work/life balance, flexibility and professional/creative freedom
- Working with a highly-creative, award-winning team with a sterling reputation
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Excellent growth potential
- Support Creative Director and interactive design team in producing mockups, style treatments, inner page designs and supplementary components for client projects.
- Design and manage client brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, social media graphics and online ads).
- Produce print and online client style guides to document brand standards (messaging, language, colors, fonts, illustration, iconography, etc).
- Assist in creating new company marketing materials, including case studies, social graphics, copy and proofreading for proposals.
- Collaborate with development team to help ensure our designs get brought to life through code and to support with quality assurance (QA) on projects.
- Coordinate some projects independently, working directly with clients where appropriate.
- Work on client discovery and branding research, and produce mood boards, style tiles, and presentation decks to sell clients on concepts and art direction.
- Guide clients on information architecture and layout, including content wireframing using Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Illustrator or other software.
- Assist in managing and/or executing content production such as sourcing imagery and creating graphics.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and trends in content and marketing (social media, search engine optimization, and user experience in particular).
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-2+ years experience in design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5+
- Skills building modern designs for Content Management Systems (CMSs), digital, and web
- Understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, responsive design principles, information architecture, and social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
While not required, any of the following experiences will be a bonus for this position:
- Experience working with Developers and with WordPress
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with progressive campaigns and organizations
- Experience coding in HTML/CSS
- Experience with marketing and communications
Annual salary range: $55-70k plus benefits
Apply for this position here.
Please include your resume, a link to your portfolio or recent work samples, a brief description of why you want to be a Graphic Designer at Wide Eye, and an example of what inspires you as a designer. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.