Front End Engineer / WordPress Developer
Wide Eye is an award-winning digital agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Front End Engineer for a full-time position on a remote distributed team (U.S. candidates only). The successful applicant will help turn our beautiful designs into stunning interactive experiences. Applicants must have strong knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, strong visual instincts, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Professional development opportunities and yearly stipend
- Develop performant web experiences utilizing WordPress and other content management systems
- Implementation of APIs, CRMs, and third-party tools
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Work directly with clients on projects and answer technical questions
- Manage modifications, updates, and improvements on previous projects
- Work with other members of the team and with clients to solve challenges and produce stellar results
- Other assignments as needed
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in web development
- Experience with HTML and PHP templating
- Experience writing modern CSS (grid, custom properties, etc.)
- Experience with responsive development and vector graphics (SVG)
- Comfortable working with preprocessors and frameworks (SASS, PostCSS)
- Strong working knowledge of Figma
- Experience with WordPress custom theme and plugin development
- Working knowledge of Gutenberg and block development methods
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media
- Ability to manage your time and balance multiple projects
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Understanding of web accessibility standards and how to implement them
- Comfortable using WP CLI and command line tools
- Experience with CI/CD and using deployment pipelines (Circle CI, Github Actions)
- Working knowledge of jQuery
- Understanding of PHP/WP security best practices
- Experience working with Designers
Annual salary range: $70-90k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.