Director of Client Services
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a skilled Director of Client Services for a full-time remote position (Washington DC or New York City area preferred). The successful applicant will help lead our project management team and practice, manage team-wide capacity, establish best practices for supporting our amazing partners and clients, and empower our broader team to create impactful and innovative creative work.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
People & Team Management – 50%
- Supervise Project Managers – coaching, mentoring, providing active feedback for entire team.
- Set goals for the department and individuals within department to ensure they roll up to company goals.
- Manage department budget and headcount, evaluating capacity and skill needs and hiring and onboarding when needed.
- Manage team capacity, planning, and staffing to ensure projects are matched. with appropriate project managers and team members are utilized effectively.
- Lead process and weekly meetings for the extended PM team.
- Offer informed and thoughtful feedback to team members on their work, including helping to navigate client relationships, problem solving, and challenges.
- Expand our overall project management discipline and make our internal processes more efficient and effective.
- Look for opportunities to improve client services, using data and feedback from clients to improve our work.
- Foster a culture of leadership and excellence within the team.
- Coordinate with other department leads (design, strategy, and engineering) to share feedback and look for opportunities to improve internal communication and processes.
Project Management – 30%
- Create and manage scopes, timelines, and budgets, including researching for and writing proposals.
- Lead regular check-ins with clients and cross-functional internal teams.
- Organize and provide regular updates and communications with project teams.
- Manage and enhance internal documentation and suite of tools on projects (Asana, Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, 1Password, Figma, Bugherd).
- Look for ways to improve our internal tools, systems, and processes to increase efficiency and impact.
- Lead project kick-offs (internally and with client teams) as well as project debriefs (internally) so we can continuously improve on our work.
- Collaborate with our design and development teams to help craft creative ideas, strategies, and solutions for our clients’ needs.
- Collaborate with our design and development teams on quality assurance and testing of deliverables.
Grow and sustain client relationships – 20%
- Be the senior-level sponsor and expert on our clients, supporting Project Managers on developing scopes, budgets, and plans to meet their needs.
- Triage questions and issues that come up from clients.
- In partnership with our CEO, Managing Director, and senior leadership, lead on writing proposals and pitches with clients.
- Be one of the faces of the company: identify and execute strategies to maintain and grow our client relationships.
- Look for and lead on opportunities that may include conferences, events, thought leadership/writing, etc.
- Maintain awareness on best practices in client and project management.
- Contribute to design team innovation, streamlining and documenting our internal design process.
- As needed, contribute to user research, interviews, surveys, user testing, journey mapping, and lead workshops on individual projects.
- Post design ideas, works in progress, and finished work to Instagram and Dribbble.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years in an agency setting and 2 years in a management position
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and people, supporting learning and development, and providing constructive feedback
- Significant experience managing budgets, projects, and timelines
- Strong technical understanding and experience working with WordPress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability maintaining and growing relationships
- Patient, strategic, solutions-focused, and able to remain calm when problems arise
- Strong intuition and judgment – always one step ahead and able to make decisions that balance client and company needs
- Experience working with a wide range of digital technologies: Content Management Systems (CMSs), CRMs, digital analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Demonstrated ability working with designers and developers
- Professional, strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in social causes and politics
- Passion for technology
- Love of visual design
Annual salary range: $110k-$130k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.