Director of Business Development
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic Director of Business Development for a full-time remote U.S. based position (Washington DC or New York City area preferred). The successful applicant will help build and maintain our client relationships, lead our growing business development practice, and empower our broader team to create impactful and innovative creative work. Applicants must have applicable agency experience, and a vast knowledge of digital project/account management, excellent communication skills, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sabbatical starting at 6 years of service
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
- Grow connections and proactively expand Wide Eye’s new business relationships and opportunities, establishing and hitting achievable sales goals year over year.
- Help define, evangelize, and measure Wide Eye’s core value as a creative agency for good.
- Write project proposals, research and ideate client solutions.
- Prepare and lead pitches and presentations to win new business.
- Identify client requirements and help generate solutions and new ideas to meet needs.
- Collaborate with the Founder, Managing Director, and Associate Creative Director, to set marketing and relationship strategies and internal budgets.
- Present reports on account progress and goals to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Partner with the Director of Project Management to identify opportunities to grow, strengthen, and retain relationships with clients.
- Manage records of sales, revenue, and other important data.
- Serve as a Project Owner for a portion of client projects: help navigate project objectives and challenges, set and track project and budget goals, and seek opportunities for relationship growth.
- Ensure a smooth onboarding of Project Managers to new projects snd serve as a support to them when solving challenges and strategizing on the project.
- Provide feedback and counsel to all management and creative staff to meet business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams to plan projects, set expectations, and create project deliverables.
- Resolve client issues to maintain and strengthen relationships and trust.
- Support the Project Management and Creative teams in gaining an in depth understanding of a client’s needs and their expectations of our company.
- Negotiate contracts and project amendments on behalf of the company.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the practices of other agencies, as well as within campaigns and organizations.
- Exemplify culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
- Introduce new software and solutions to streamline our business processes.
- Help recruit additional account staff.
- Collaborate with the Creative Directors on evolving our company language and brand image.
- Manage client projects directly, as needed.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience at agencies or in creative management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct creative and strategic thinking for organizations and campaigns
- Outstanding writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, and ability to confidently present bigger conceptual ideas to executives and larger groups
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with clients and management
- Strong EQ and team management skills
- Proven ability to work with creatives and technicians
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other strategists and writers
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Background in social causes and progressive politics
- Love of visual design, technology, storytelling, and filmmaking
Annual salary: $125K-$155K plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.