Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Design Director for a full-time remote position. The successful applicant will creatively lead interactive design and digital branding projects with our amazing clients. Applicants must have strong knowledge of interface design, visual branding, a good foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, superb visual instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Design & Production
- Creatively lead interactive product and digital branding projects from start to finish – developing a clear design vision for a project, and communicating concepts and ideas to clients.
- Design clear, functional user experiences and design systems, including producing wireframes, prototypes, and user interfaces/mockups using Figma.
- Ensure all UI/UX design deliverables are client-ready and presentable.
- Design and art direct visual brands and identity systems.
Leadership & Strategy
- Spearhead Wide Eye’s visual branding and UI design craft.
- Collaboratively with the Creative Director(s), help lead Wide Eye’s overall product vision from an interactive design and digital branding perspective.
- Co-lead the design team with the Creative Director, running weekly team meetings and mentoring designers’ craft.
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Development teams to oversee execution of digital experiences, quality assurance, and ensure that they support all user-facing features and goals.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Strategy & Content to conduct strategy and discovery workshops and exercises on design projects.
- Oversee creative work produced by more junior designers and/or freelancers, providing guidance on design direction and process.
- Manage design libraries and design systems, and push the company forward on overall trends in technology and design.
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process.
- As needed, conduct research, interviews, surveys, user testing, journey mapping, and lead workshops on individual interactive and digital design projects.
- Contribute to sales and business development in the form of providing estimates for projects, producing graphics and mood boards for proposals, and joining (and occasionally leading) sales pitches.
- Collaboratively with Creative Director(s), introduce new solutions to streamline our interactive design creative process (including collaborations with third-party designers and developers) and assist our clients in testing and prototyping solutions.
- Help recruit additional design staff and cultivate future design leaders.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director(s) on evolving our company aesthetic, brand image, and asset library.
- Post design ideas, works in progress, and finished work to Instagram.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years experience in interactive and digital brand design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital branding, websites, and mobile experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Ability to concept and create compelling user experiences that maximize user engagement and action
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Expert knowledge of identity design, layout, and UI design principles and techniques
- Strong team leadership skills
- Expert knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Love of visual design
- Love of typography
- Experience with/passion for web animation
Annual salary range: $105k-$125k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.