Deputy Director of Strategy and Content
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a skilled Deputy Director of Strategy & Content for a full-time remote position (Washington DC or New York City area preferred). The successful applicant will help lead our digital content & strategy practice and contribute to a portfolio of work ranging from digital strategy to messaging campaigns. You’ll work closely with project managers and designers to deliver thoughtful and ambitious creative work for our clients.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Major potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Professional development opportunities
Content & Creative
- Develop creative briefs for various types of projects, from advertising campaigns to web projects
- Develop identity and messaging frameworks
- Conduct qualitative research to develop branding and messaging
- Write copy for websites and multi-channel campaigns
- Be one of the faces of the company: identify and execute strategies to maintain and grow our client relationships and manage the creative process
- Develop strategic digital plans for a range of organizations
- Analyze social media metrics and report back to clients on recommendations and best practices
- Stay up to date on the innovative digital tactics and share insights with the broader team
- Work with internal management and design teams to write marketing materials for the agency
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital strategy (in-house or at a creative agency)
- Strategically minded writing skills with experience creating effective content for a range of organizations
- Strong writing skills, strong editorial judgment, and a command of grammar and style
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain creative insights and decisions
- Demonstrated ability to write for a range of products, including video scripts and digital ad campaigns
- Demonstrated ability with creative project management and working with designers, from research to brief to creative development to execution and approvals
- Experience working with analytics tools to assess and optimize content
- A strong understanding of the functionality and audiences of major digital platforms
- A strong sense of collaboration and teamwork
- Passion & pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
Annual salary range: $85k-$110k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your resume or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
*Applicant must be US-based.