Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a talented Creative Director (Strategy) for a full-time remote position (Washington DC or New York City area preferred). The successful applicant will spearhead our brand strategy practice, lead an array of strategy, branding, and creative projects, and empower our broader team to create impactful and innovative work.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
- Lead content and creative strategy for Wide Eye clients; pitching ideas, campaigns, and messaging strategy, helping to define projects that align with strategic goals, and guiding stakeholder decision-making.
- Work in close collaboration with Project Management team and other Creative Directors to oversee execution of digital experiences and ensure that they support all strategic goals.
- As needed, directly manage client projects.
- Gather insights and, as needed, analytics to help inform strategic approaches.
- Conduct content/messaging strategy workshops with clients.
- Perform brand and audience research.
- Write copy and lead content creation for Wide Eye client projects.
- In collaboration with other strategists and Design team, draft brand messaging guidelines and style rules.
- In collaboration with the other Creative Director(s), grow our visual storytelling and content creation practice (video and animation).
- As needed, supplement client content creation.
- Write project proposals, and research and ideate client solutions.
- Write and/or copy-edit Wide Eye social posts, think pieces, awards submissions, and miscellaneous company collateral.
- Grow connections and expand Wide Eye’s relationships, in particular, with in-house communications teams within organizations and campaigns.
- Manage vendors, as needed, for content creation on active projects.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the practices of other agencies, as well as within campaigns and organizations.
- Exemplify culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
- Introduce new software and solutions to streamline our collaboration on content with clients and content creation processes.
- Help recruit additional strategy, creative, and content staff.
- Collaborate with the Creative Directors on evolving our company aesthetic, language, and brand image.
- Set a goal of speaking publicly at 2-3 events per year.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years experience in org/campaign creative management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct creative and strategic thinking for organizations and campaigns
- Outstanding writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, and ability to confidently present bigger conceptual ideas to executives and larger groups
- Strong EQ and team management skills
- Proven ability to work with creatives and technicians
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other strategists and writers
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Background in social causes and progressive politics
- Love of visual design, storytelling, and filmmaking
Annual salary range: $130k-$150k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.