Associate Creative Director
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking an experienced, thoughtful Associate Creative Director for a full-time remote position. The successful applicant will manage our senior-most art directors and designers, coordinate our design production process (interactive, branding, digital content, print), and help our Creative Directors by leading operations for our design team. Applicants must have experience with managing designers, strong knowledge of graphic design and layout, modern digital design process and standards, superb visual instincts, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic. We are ultimately seeking the right person for the job and will be open to alternative titles for this role based on the individual’s strengths and experience.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Creative Team Management
- Manage and mentor our Art Directors and Senior Designers.
- Lead process and weekly meetings for the extended design team.
- Foster a culture of leadership and excellence within the design team.
- Directly support Creative Directors, seeking opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process, and operationalize improvements.
- Manage design libraries (largely Figma), software, tools, internal design documentation, and designer-to-developer handoff materials that push the company forward on overall trends in production and process.
- Maintain best practices for design standards and process in collaboration with dev and design teams.
Design Capacity Building & Management
- Manage design team capacity across the full scope of our creative projects (interactive, branding, digital content, print), triaging resourcing issues when they come up and forecasting ahead for sales purposes.
- In coordination with the Creative Director, determine skill and resource needs on the design team and support recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new team members.
- Use data to keep Wide Eye rates and sales language up to date and documented for creative work, Document and update Wide Eye rates for sales and business development.
- In collaboration with interactive designers and strategists, facilitate and support user testing on digital products.
- Contribute to sales and business development in the form of providing estimates for projects, producing graphics and mood boards for proposals, and joining (and occasionally leading) sales pitches.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director(s) on evolving our company aesthetic, brand image, and asset library.
- In collaboration with the design team, conduct visual research, and budget and provide estimates for the purchase of digital assets.
- Occasionally, contribute to the production of style guides, branding collateral, digital content, and graphics in collaboration with the Creative Directors, Art Directors, and the project management team.
- Post design ideas, works in progress, and finished work to Instagram and Wide Eye’s website.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading design teams in an agency or in house environment
- Minimum 7 years experience in interactive and digital design production
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital branding, websites, and mobile experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex ideas and bold ideas to a range of audiences
- Proven leadership ability, management skills and problem solving intuition
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct production for a wide range of digital products
- Superb knowledge of identity design, layout, and UI design principles and techniques
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using and managing project management tools (i.e. Asana, Notion, Harvest, and Airtable)
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Ability to see the big picture, stay organized, prioritize, and manage time
- Strong research skills
- Strong integrity, humility, and discretion
- Love of typography
- Experience with/passion for motion graphics and animation
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Expertise in web accessibility and DEI design
Annual salary: $115K-$135K plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.