Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative Art Director for a full-time remote position (DC or New York preferred). The successful applicant will creatively lead digital design projects with our amazing clients. Applicants must have strong experience in visual branding, identity design, design systems, and UI design, excellent communication and presentation skills, superb creative instincts, and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Design & Production
- Creatively lead digital branding projects and digital design system projects from start to finish – developing a clear design vision for a project, and communicating concepts and ideas to clients.
- Design and art direct visual brands and identities.
- Design beautiful digital design and UI systems using Figma.
- Design and manage client brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, social media graphics and online ads).
Leadership & Strategy
- Spearhead Wide Eye’s visual branding and UI design craft.
- Collaboratively with the Creative Director(s), help lead Wide Eye’s overall product vision from a digital branding and interactive design perspective.
- Co-lead the design team with the Creative Director, helping to run weekly team meetings and mentoring designers’ craft.
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Development teams to oversee execution and delivery of digital deliverables, quality assurance, and ensure that they support all user-facing needs and goals.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director(s) to conduct strategy and discovery workshops and exercises on design projects.
- Oversee and approve creative work produced by more junior designers and/or freelancers, providing guidance on design direction and process.
- Manage design libraries and design systems, and push the company forward on overall trends in technology and design.
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process.
- Collaboratively with Creative Director(s), introduce new solutions to streamline our design process (including collaborations with third-party designers and illustrators).
- Help recruit additional design staff and cultivate future design leaders.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director(s) on evolving our company aesthetic, brand image, and asset library.
- As needed, conduct research, interviews, surveys, and lead workshops on individual interactive and digital design projects.
- Post design ideas, works in progress, and finished work to Instagram.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience in interactive and digital brand design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital branding, websites, and mobile experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Ability to concept and create compelling user experiences that maximize user engagement and action
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Expert knowledge of identity design, layout, and UI design principles and techniques
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
Annual salary range: $95k-$120k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.